COPING SKILLS GROUP FOR A HAPPY HEALTHY TEEN!
Does Your Teen?
- Engage in suicidal or self-injurious behaviors
- React strongly and impulsively when upset
- Have difficulty maintaining relationships
- Avoid dealing with distressing feelings at all costs
DBT SKILLS GROUP CAN HELP!
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Group Will Help Your Teen:
- Communicate effectively so they can have healthy balanced relationships
- Make healthy choices without impulsive or self-destructive behaviors
- Discover how to be mindful so they are no longer overwhelmed by their emotions even when things get tough
- Recognize and manage their emotions so they have less influence on their behaviors
- Learn to feel worthy and accept themselves the way they are so they can live a life they love!
DBT is a skills-based therapy that can help your teen manage intense feelings even if therapy hasn’t helped before. There are five different sets of skills to help your teen manage overwhelming and distressing emotions so they can make effective choices and live a life they love.