DBT will help your teen manage overwhelming feelings without becoming self-destructive!
As a parent are you frustrated by issues that have no clear resolution? Do you feel like your teen is going from one crisis to the next and nothing you try is helping? Does this leave you feeling exhausted as parent and you don’t know what else to do?
Does Your Teen?
- Feel depressed, empty, or numb
- Have a strong inner critic or see the world negatively
- Engage in self-harm or self-destructive behaviors
- Struggle with suicidal thinking
- Make impulsive decisions
- Have difficulty maintaining relationships
- Have intense overwhelming moods
- Avoid dealing with distressing feelings at all costs
Your teen doesn’t have to miss out on social events, school, or friendships because of depression and overwhelming moods anymore. DBT can help!
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Group Will Help Your Teen:
- Communicate effectively so they can have healthy balanced relationships
- Recognize the thinking traps so they can make healthy choices without impulsive or self-destructive behaviors
- Discover how to be mindful and enjoy the moment so they are no longer overwhelmed by their emotions despite external pressures like social media and academic performance
- Recognize and manage their emotions so they have less influence on their behaviors
- Learn to mindfully accept themselves the way they are so they can feel worthy and live a life they love!
DBT is a skills-based therapy that can help your teen manage intense feelings even if therapy hasn’t helped before. There are five different sets of skills to help your teen manage overwhelming emotions so they can make effective choices to create a life they love.