Hi I’m Elaine. I help parents repair trust with teens and learn to communicate effectively so they form stronger family bongs that lead to their teen making safer choices and being more open!
Maybe you have talked to your friends and family for advice. Maybe you have tried reading every parenting book that exists and you still feel just as confused (and let’s be honest frustrated because you do everything for your teens and they still say “you don’t understand” or “you’re never there for me”). You feel stressed, angry, and sometimes question if you are good parents.
THE TRUTH IS YOU DESERVE SOME SELF-CARE! YOU HAVE THE HARDEST JOB IN THE WORLD
I help parents build relationships with their teens where their teens WANT to open up to them and feel they are supported by their parents. I also help parents learn the coping skills necessary to manage their own anxiety as they navigate this difficult period of their children’s lives.
As a therapist who has been in practice for over a quarter of a century, and as a parent of two adult children (one of whom owns this practice) I know what it is like to sit “on both sides of the desk.” You think you are doing the right thing and then have your teen tells you that “you just don’t understand.”
Ahh…but I learned the hard way that I actually wasn’t being supportive, at least, not from their perspective! I am here to keep you from making the same mistakes! I combine my 26 years of experience as a psychotherapist with my knowledge of raising two teenagers to provide you the best proven techniques to support you and your teen in making long lasting changes.
Areas of Specialty:
- Managing Parental Anxiety
- Parent/Child Conflict
- Rebuilding Family Trust
- Setting Loving Limits
- Building Open and Honest Relationships
- Doctorate in Christian Counseling Psychology
- Clinical Psychology Doctorate minus dissertation
- Master’s Degrees in Counseling and Education
- Certifications in psychological testing
- Nationally certified in trauma, loss, and crisis in school and community settings
- Over 26 years of experience with teenagers and families in clinical settings including private practice and residential settings