Today’s youth have it harder than I ever did. Whether 11 or 25 years old life seems to have constant pressures and expectations. Between school, friends, and social media it is no wonder youth are more anxious and depressed than ever before. Maybe your teen deals with the pressure by avoiding school, binging on video games, or even has suicidal thoughts.
As a parent you are constantly worrying about your child. Perhaps you have noticed they are not socializing anymore. Maybe you noticed they are more irritable. You aren’t sure if this is “normal teen behavior.” Moreover, you fear pushing them into therapy may make things worse. Perhaps you’ve tried other forms of therapy and nothing seems to be helping. You know something needs to change, but you don’t know what to do.
I CAN HELP! My best work is with teens and young adults who are depressed, angry, or self-injurious and who think they aren’t enough. I help them develop skills to stop their inner critic and self-destructive behaviors so they can fully accept themselves the way they are.
I started my private practice so teens could have a place where they could just be themselves. A place to feel accepted, without fear of judgement. A place where they could realize they aren’t alone.
My goal is to help your teen feel worthy. Most importantly to fully accept and love the imperfect, and completely amazing person they are. As a DBT therapist, I help teens develop the confidence and tools needed to make healthy decisions and manage intense feelings so they can live a life they love!
Areas of Specialty:
- Emotional Regulation
- Suicidal Ideation / Self Harm
- Conflict with parents or siblings
- Anxiety/Depression/Anger Management
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, CT/NC
- Certified Dialectical Behavior Therapist (DBT)
- Certified Cognitive Behavioral Therapist (CBT)
- Teen yoga instructor certified
- Integrative wellness certified
- Expert speaker at trainings and conferences statewide
- Trained and certified in trauma and therapeutic assessments