Welcome! Nice To Meet You!
We are a team of therapists who specialize in working with teens and young adults in the following areas:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) certified
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) certified
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) certified and Trauma Certified
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) certified
- Projective Assessments and Thematic Apperception Test for teens
- Teen Yoga Certified
- Systems Based Family Therapy
Mindful Healing has a unique 4 step treatment program designed specifically for working with teens and families that is not offered anywhere else.
- Mindfulness and Expression: Teens learn how to be aware of their feelings and needs in the moment and effectively express them to others prior to the crisis.
- Build Coping Skills: These are the foundation for your teen to manage day-to-day life. Skills allow your teen to feel empowered and solve the problem of “I didn’t know what to talk about in therapy today.”
- Support: Your teen will learn have an emotionally safe place to learn how to utilize support and to be held accountable by healthy peers and adults.
- Parent Skill Building: Parents are a vital role in your teens life! Being involved and learning the skills to support your teen in making shifts creates long-lasting change!
As a parent you are constantly worrying about your child. Perhaps you have noticed they are not socializing anymore. Maybe you noticed they are more irritable. You aren’t sure if this is “normal teen behavior.” Moreover, you fear pushing them into therapy may make things worse. Perhaps you’ve tried other forms of therapy and nothing seems to be helping. You know something needs to change, but you don’t know what to do.
Hi I’m Lianna. I help teens and young adults stop self-sabotaging behaviors and develop coping skills so they can manage uncomfortable situation and emotions OUTSIDE of session, not just 1 hr per week.
Meet Elaine Tsangarides
As a parent, you often worry about how to help your teen and feel like no matter what you do it was the wrong decision. You want to scream and set limits, but wonder if you are making things worse. You stay up all night worrying about the what the following day will bring…will she go to school? Will he be safe?
Hi I’m Elaine. I help parents repair trust with teens and learn to communicate effectively so they form stronger family bongs that lead to their teen making safer choices and being more open!
Today’s youth have it harder than I ever. Whether 11 or 25 years old life seems to have constant pressures and expectations. Between school, friends, and social media it is no wonder youth are more anxious and depressed than ever before. Maybe your teen deals with the pressure by avoiding school, binging on video games, or even has suicidal thoughts.
Hi I’m Rob. I help depressed anxious teens develop coping skills to go from isolated and self-critical to connected and confident.